Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SPOKANE WASHINGTON

The beginning of August Landon, Brylee and I piled into the car and headed to Spokane for some family time. My sister Michelle and her daughter MacKenzie were meeting us at my dad's house. Just a quick weekend but so worth it and so much fun! My dad is amazing and very talented and I loved seeing him in action. He teaches pottery classes and has a wheel set up in his garage. He let each of us try our hand at it. Michelle and I sucked. Landon, Bry and MacKenzie did better and actually got a piece completed. Dad was nice enough to fire and mail them to the kids. Thanks dad! They are very proud:)


AS YOU CAN TELL THIS MAN KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!

Not only does he have a pottery wheel in his garage, he also made a kiln so that he can fire pottery at home!! It's quite the set up. Landon loved helping! The vase in the picture was what he fired....and now it is in my home:) I love it!!


We went to a Farmers Market not far from dad and Wanda's home. It was spread out over the countryside. You had to drive to each vendor. I loved it. We went to a cute gift shop at one stop. We ate lunch at another while a live band played. I bought a flat of fresh blueberries that I brought home and made into jam. It was a beautiful day!

Landon and Brylee love this MacKenzie girl! They can never get enough of her:)

I had to take some pictures of dad's pottery. Just a few of the many he had in his house. Wanda had some pieces that she made that were beautiful also.


I couldn't do this post without showing some pictures of my dad's amazing yard. Beautifully landscaped and immaculately groomed. His organic garden is perfect. Complete with compost created by him. He took a compost class:) I loved his handicapped carrots!

Love you dad!! Thanks for the fun....

0 comments: