Sunday, November 7, 2010

4th of July and Rock of Love ♥ and...Camping

Happy 4th of July a little late!! It was freezing in Idaho Falls.....I wore sweats, sweatshirt with hood on, mittens and boots!


Saturday night we went to the firework show at the river....Sunday night we watched the kids' firework show at home:)
We ate a lot of yummy food...I had to take a picture of my patriotic berry brownies...so so good! I bought all of us 4th of July t-shirts at American Eagle and made Brylee and her friend Kaitlyn red, white and blue tutus. It was a good weekend.
The end of July Bret Michaels came to town. I'm not a huge fan but I don't hate him...and I will embarrasingly admit I have watched a season (or maybe 2) of Rock of Love. That's what intrigued me. I had to see him live. Val was a good sport and went along...and we were both shocked that he was surprisingly good!! I was pretty impressed. But not enough to pay $200 for back stage passes!


Bret Michaels' version of Sweet Home Alabama



The last few days of July we were able to squeeze in a camping trip at Bear Lake with Val's family. Of course it had to rain!! Thank goodness we had a trailer this trip instead of a tent. Except Lexie, Nick and Landon....sorry guys!


2 comments:

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

The good thing about you blogging all this so late, is it brings back memories I forgot. That 4th of July was so cold wasn't it!

The Miles Family said...

Fun pictures..I didn't know you guys went camping last summer. Fun..especially in a trailer! Love the updates. Thanks mom!