Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend





Val, Landon, Brylee and myself had such a fun weekend. I really am glad things worked out the way they did. I was glad we were busy and had a lot planned for this weekend. It helped me keep my mind off "the move". Except Landon and Brylee talked about Teegan the whole weekend!! We went to Stadium of Fire on the 4th. It is a fire work show in Provo. The Blue Man Group and Miley Cyrus were the big attractions and Glen Beck was the MC. Val and I are big Glen Beck fans so that was fun for us! Saturday we went to Seven Peaks. A water park in Provo. Val and I went down some crazy slides that scared the *&#@! out of me. Sorry but it is true! Val couldn't stay on his tube for the scariest slides which made it even worse for him, but hilarious for us! I was trying to be brave and a "cool" mom by going on these slides, even though I wasn't enjoying it. I didn't want to be left alone on the side lines. Afterward, Val and I were talking and he confessed the only reason he went down those crazy slides was because I was!! We should communicate better:) It was tons of fun though. The wave pool sucked after the one at Typhoon Lagoon. That placed ruined all wave pools for us! Sunday we took Landon and Brylee to Little America's Sunday Brunch. It is always so good. Land and Bry thought they had died and gone to heaven!! After that we went miniature golfing (Bry and I each got a hole-in-one) and to the movie. It was such a fun weekend!!


***Everytime we go to Seven Peaks we think of Michelle! There is a slide called Lasers Edge. It is completely dark with laser lights. You can't tell where you are going. When Chapman's came to Utah many years ago, we talked Mich into going down the slide by telling her it wasn't very scary...it really wasn't for the rest of us. She was the last to go down. We were all standing at the end of the slide waiting for her to come out. When she did she swore at us and started crying! It was the best and a memory that will always stick with me....Sorry Michelle but it was funny.....Kind of like Indiana Jones at Disney Land:) Another Michelle memory!

5 comments:

The Herres Family said...

Hello! We try to find all the cheap ways to entertain the family it's always an adventure. Looks like you and your family had a great 4th of July weekend. I will tell Wendy hi for you I see her all the time.

Pickett Fences said...

Hey Monica Fowers went to that same thing with Miley Cyrus. She did like it but her girls are younger and I guess they still see her as Hanna Montana.

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend Nanette! I'll admit it - I like Miley Cyrus and Mark and I both like Glenn Beck. I wish we could've been with you.
And thanks for bringing up Seven Peaks - that's a day I try to forget. :) I think I've learned that if you say something isn't fast or scary - it really is! It made me happy to hear you say you get scared too! Give me a wave pool and a lazy river anyday. I'm a WIMP!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a fun weekend. I just wish that you could have spent more time at the reuion. I know you guys aren't the biggest campers but we all miss you so much. I don't think you realize how much we miss you and would love to spend some good quality time with you guys. If you're ever visiting grandma have her give me call because I'm only 20 minutes away. Love ya guys!

Ashley May said...

That was so fun when we went to seven peaks.. it was soooooo long ago but so much fun! Mom crying after that slide is still a vivid memory of mine too. hahaha she is a wimp!