Sunday, August 17, 2008



In July Landon went on a 50 mile, 6 day backpacking trip to White Cloud Peaks, Idaho. The group left on a Monday and returned on Sat. He really did not want to go, and thought he had out smarted me by not getting the information we needed to prepare him. Luckily Sunday afternoon I found out they were leaving the next day. I had everything ready for him to go by 6pm Sun. evening. He was NOT happy with me! As soon as he found out his best friend was going his attitude changed! Funny thing with teenagers---friends are everything! He thought he would be coming home on Thursday. I didn't have the heart to tell him he wouldn't be home until Saturday. What a mean mom!! When he got back, he was filthy but happy! I have never seen such dirty toenails! I missed him so much when he was away... he had a great experience. I am glad he was able to go!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay, an update finally!! Mackenzie read this with me and was very disgusted with Landons toes! I'm glad he had fun. I don't think I'd survive one of those trips!

The Miles Family said...

UGH...Those are the nastiest feet I have ever seen! He is desperate for a pedicure. We miss Landy!!

Ashley May said...

Nanette.. you are SO Funny! I love that you didn't tell him when he was coming home... I'm cracking up!