Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October 19th, VCU Dental School Tour

After my Chicago conference I flew from there to Richmond Virginia to spend several days with Brittany, Josh, Teegan and Camdyn. I had really been looking forward to this part of my trip. Even though they have only been gone 3 months, I missed them more than I could ever imagine. Sunday afternoon Josh took us on a tour through Richmond. We drove down Monument Avenue which was pretty cool. These huge monuments are right in the middle of the road! We saw the James River and of course had to get out and take a few pictures. We drove through Shock O' Bottom and Shock O' Slip. Okay, did I spell that right? I guess it is a trendy part of Richmond. I just liked saying the words:) I kept asking if Barack Obama lived in Shock O' Bottom. Brianne was getting pretty annoyed with me:) Made it that much better. Josh took us through the Dental building at VCU. No one was there so we really looked around. It looked like fun and "almost?" made me miss school. All the Health Occupations were in buildings surrounding. The Nursing building was huge! Josh and Britt tried talking Brianne into going to VCU's Dental Hygiene program instead of to Provo. I really think she should look into it. Looked fun to me!

Josh is in the class of 2012. This board listed the states or countries each classmate is from. We made Josh point to Idaho. Isn't he a good sport!

Josh's workstation in the dental lab. He has been carving teeth out of wax. They give him a tooth and chunk of wax and he has to make it look identical to the real tooth. Who would of thought!

Brianne looks pretty cool (Dorky) in Josh's loops:)

Yes, Josh is a good sport! This is a mural in their lunch room. I made him act like he was walking down the path. He even waved!




2 comments:

The Miles Family said...

Come back to me...PLEASE!! I miss you guys terribly. :(

The Miles Family said...

P.S. I am confused. Aren't these the pics from my camera? Do you still need me to send some?