Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October 21st-Washington DC

I don't know how it happened but I became the "designated driver" the whole time we were in Richmond. (Only when Josh wasn't with us) When I told the girls I wanted to go to DC the first thing Brittany said was, "you're driving"! Thank goodness for their GPS. It was the craziest day ever!! I can't even begin to count how many wrong turns we took, even with the GPS. We got hit by a car, got a parking ticket outside of the Smithsonian, accidentally pulled into the Arlington Military base and almost got strip searched (We were laughing so hard we were crying) That was the worst wrong turn I've ever made! We picked up strangers and gave them a ride, we got honked at more times than I can count. Britt said it was good we didn't have Idaho license plates....can you even imagine! We put the kids in their stroller and back into their car seats so many times. When we were ready to head home it was right during rush hour. Brittany was freaking out because of the congestion. She felt claustrophobic and wanted to stop somewhere until the traffic was lighter. Brianne told her that if we got that stroller out one more time she would slash its tires! And I really think she would have. We did end up stopping to eat, but left the stroller in the car:)

We did a lot of "Drive By Shootings". There were so many places we wanted to go but knew we didn't have the time, so as we drove by the girls would take a picture:) I was amazed at how close together everything was!

I was the driver and Brianne was the navigator. Britt was the nanny in the back:) Our GPS 's voice was a female. Brittany said her name was Mandy. Mandy was our friend and our enemy that day!45 foot Right Whale. I'd never heard of a right whale before!
Teegan loved the Nemo fish:)



I have always wanted to go to the Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier. The feeling there was so strong. It really made me appreciate even more the Americans that have given their lives so that we can have the freedoms we have. I have never had a desire to serve in the military, but truly admire those that choose that as a way of life. I was overwhelmed with how large Arlington Cemetery is. I really don't know what I expected, but not that.






1 comments:

The Miles Family said...

I am sitting in the room laughing to myself remembering all of our stories! What a day! I am glad that the wheels on my stroller are all in one piece! haha.