Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Day In My Life



I had a few pictures of myself with some of my co-workers (and friends) at the surgical center and decided to post them. There are soooo many things I love about my job but one thing I really hate. It is the BLUE hair that I wear every day! As you can see it is not very attractive! I never do my hair in the morning before work...why bother, it will just be "Blue". Some weeks, Sunday is the only day I have a real hairdo...Sad. The picture on the left is with my friend Shelley. She is an OR nurse and an awsome one at that. When I hired her, almost 2 years ago, she had no OR experience. She came from Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center's ICU. We trained her to work in the OR and she picked it up faster than any other new OR nurse I have ever seen. She is not intimidated by the Surgeons, is not afraid to ask them questions, and loves a challenge!! Everything you need to be a great OR nurse (circulator is what an OR nurse is really called) I love Shelley...She is the one who recently took our family pictures. They are still at the editors so I have not seen the final product, but couldn't resist posting one of them. Jill is the nurse in the picture on the right. Josh thinks she is his "personal" nurse. She took care of him after his first back surgery, and after his second, she wasn't working but stopped into the center to ask me a question. I was in Josh's room where she found me and Josh was so excited because he thought she came just to see him. He was on drugs! Jill is another good friend. She works in PACU and admitting and discharge. She is also an amazing nurse!! She makes work so fun...she is the centers comedian and keeps everyone laughing. (Even the doctors) Her specialty is "fridge dancing". Since we don't have a pole:D Her husband also works at the surgical center. He is a nurse anesthetist and did my anesthesia a month ago when I had my knee surgery. Their son is Landon's age and one of his best friends. We have officially lived in Idaho Falls for 3 years. I can't believe how time flies by. It is amazing how you can move to a new city, know very few people, feel like you don't belong...then 3 years later feel like you are part of your community. I will admit, I don't know many people outside of my work friends. That is where I spend the most time and am comfortable enough to be myself. I don't know many people in my ward or neighborhood. For some reason I have a hard time letting people in. But at work it is a different story. I guess that is my comfort zone.... I do work with some of the most amazing people I have ever know......and I am able to associate with some of the nicest most talented surgeons! I am blessed in this part of my life.

4 comments:

kim said...

You are so cute! And the blue hair looks good on you! It was so fun seeing you at the Surgical Center for Koby's surgery. I had no idea you worked there! Jill is hysterical...we did cub scouts together, and there was never a dull moment with her around! I have a hard time letting people in, too, and have a bit of a hard time at church, and with the neighborhood. Wherever I worked was a different story, though...I could totally be myself...weird, huh?!?! I totally understand what you are talking about. Anyway, your family picture is so stinkin cute! You are all so beautiful! Thanks again, for helping my little guy during his surgery...Kenzi may be next!

kim said...

send me your email, and I'll send you an invite to my blog...kimberlysorenson@gmail.com...

Pickett Fences said...

I love the pictures. My mom is actually going in for a surgery on Wednesday to see if she has Cilaics disease (spelling?) I know I am supposed to drop her off at 8:15 a.m. an I think her doctor is Walker or Walter?

Michelle said...

I loved reading about your job. How nice to work with people you really like! And you could wear any color of "hair" and you'd still be hot!!!!